1. If an insurance event occurs that is subject to compulsory liability insurance of motor vehicle owners?
1. When an accident takes place, it is imperative to dial 102 to call MoIA/STP officers to the scene.
2. If the accident has entailed injuries, dial 103, MoEM 112 and other emergency services to help save them.
3. When an accident takes place, the insurance company that provided the compulsory insurance coverage for the party at fault should be contacted immediately.
- The insurance certificate specifies the Insurer’s hotline phone numbers
- If the Insurer’s hotline phone numbers are unknown, use the 9707 SMS service
- To identify whether the owner of the vehicle that caused the accident has a compulsory insurance coverage and what insurance company they are insured with, text the state number plates of the vehicle to 9707.
4. Do not leave the scene of the accident
Keep and demonstrate the affected property the way it was immediately after the accident to the insurance company (or its representative).
The damaged property may be relocated or not demonstrated in the condition immediately after the accident if any of the following applies:
- to prevent and mitigate damages, remedy the consequences of the accident, prevent the damaged property from getting in the way of other people, taking appropriate measures to not leave the property unattended in order to avoid loss of property;
- the insurer’s representative has not inspected the damaged property within 5 days from the date the insurer was informed of the insurance event;
- the insurance company has granted written consent to this end in any other cases.
5. Request a written claim form from the insurance company within 3 days from the date the company was verbally informed of the accident, fill it out and promptly submit it to the insurance company.