Investment company is a legal entity created as a joint-stock company that holds the license to operate as an investment company and provides main and representative investment services as the crucial part of its activities.
Main and representative investment services are regulated by the “Rules on performing investment services (operations) by investment companies” and “Rules on margin trading in securities market”. Preparation and submission of reports by investment companies are regulated by “Rules on preparation and submission of reports by investment companies”.
Main investment services (operations) are followings:
- Acceptance and implementation of customer requests on operations performed with securities or derivatives;
- Managing the portfolio of private investors;
- Advising on investments;
- Issuance and underwriting of securities without taking responsibilities;
- Issuance and underwriting of securities with taking responsibilities;
- Performing operations with securities or derivatives for its benefit as a member of central depository and stock exchange;
- Margin trading.
Representative investment services (operations):
- Managing the securities accounts of customers, as well as the operations on issuance of securities or derivatives with taking responsibilities;
- Lending to investors as a credit or in other forms for signing deals on securities or derivatives;
- Performing investment research and financial analysis on securities or derivatives
- Performing services as a signer of guarantee on issued bonds;
- Foreign exchange trading regarding the implementation of main investment services (operations).