3. If an insurance event occurs that is subject to compulsory liability insurance for real estate operation?
1. When an event takes place, immediately contact the insurance company at the phone number specified in the insurance policy.
2. Immediately notify the Ministry of Emergency Management at 112, and, if necessary, contact other emergency services as well.
3. If the accident has entailed injuries, call an ambulance (103) to save them.
4. Take all necessary actions to mitigate damages.
5. Inform the affected party (parties) of compulsory insurance.
6. Keep the damaged property the way it was immediately after the event and do not make any changes until inspected by the competent authorities with the insurance company’s or insurer’s consent.
The damaged property may be not demonstrated in the condition immediately after the accident if any of the following applies:
– to prevent and mitigate damages, remedy the consequences of the accident, or prevent any other undesirable consequences, taking appropriate measures to not leave the property unattended in order to avoid loss of property;
- the insurer’s representative has not inspected the damaged property within 5 days from the date the insurer was informed of the insurance event;
- the insurance company has granted written consent to this end in any other cases.
7. Follow the instructions of the insurance company’s representative.
8. Request a written claim form from the insurance company within 3 days from the date the company was verbally informed of the accident, fill it out and promptly submit it to the insurance company. The written insurance claim (application) may be filed by you or the affected party.